Dr. Amanda is a third generation chiropractor following her grandfather and father. She grew up around chiropractic, being adjusted just a few minutes after birth. Memory of wanting to be a chiropractor goes back to the 3rd grade.
Dr. Amanda has a strong passion in and out of her practice for natural health promotion through diet/nutrition, exercise, and chiropractic wellness.
She enjoys cooking and all outdoor activities: working out by the beautiful San Diego beaches, running, yoga, and dancing.
Becoming a Chiropractor
Dr. Amanda worked as a chiropractic assistant with her father, Dr. Grant Foster, for several years while finishing up pre-chiropractic requirements. After obtaining a Bachelors in Biology in undergrad, Dr. Amanda transferred to the LACC branch at Southern California University of Health Sciences, SCU.
During her last year at LACC she was an intern at the Whittier Health Center, treating patients and assisting other doctors in the clinic. Following her internship she did a preceptorship under her father, Dr. Grant Foster.
Furthering Education and experiences for Greater Healing
In 2013, Dr. Amanda was privileged to go on a chiropractic humanitarian trip to Cochabamba, Bolivia. She teamed up with fellow classmates and treated people of all ages at a local school and military base.
Dr. Amanda still attends regular seminars expanding her knowledge and keeping her up to date to ensure her patients receive the highest quality care. Some examples are:
- Functional Neurological Evaluation & Chiropractic Adjustment of Children
- Lifting Biomechanics/posture & proper form to avoid injury
- TMD/TMJ: The DMD and DC working as a Team
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation- Athletic Rehab
- MRT, PIR, Graston muscle therapy
- Nutritional Management of disease
- Chiropractic manipulation/adjusting
- Radiology Interpretation
- Core Stabilization – to support the Spine
- Yoga for the Management of Common Conditions
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- California Chiropractic Association
- San Diego County Chiropractic Society
- Alumni Association – Los Angeles College of Chiropractic
Call us today to schedule your appointment! (619) 283-6001